Introduction to Plutonium#
The docs are a work in progress. Feel free to contribute on GitHub.
Welcome to Plutonium! Plutonium offers a unique Black Ops 2, Modern Warfare 3 & World at War experience, complete with dedicated servers, mod support, and much much more. The entire modification is provided for free, we only ask that you enjoy your time playing and treat us with respect. Plutonium is a Project / Hobby that our staff team undertake in their spare time when not working or in education, we use it as a valuable tool to help us learn and gain experience in Reverse Engineering, Infrastructure, Architecture, Programming and a range of other Computer Science topics. At our core we have a huge love for tinkering with our old beloved games and pushing them to new limits.
- Initially released on October 1st, 2017 (MW3 only)
- T6 client released on April 13, 2018
- First custom map for IW5 released on May 6, 2018
- Shutdown of Plutonium September 21, 2018
- LAN version of Plutonium T6 with limited online functionality released on December 24th, 2018
- ZoneTool and it's source released on September 19, 2019
- T6 client re-released on January 20, 2020
- IW5 client re-released and anticheat tested on April 12, 2020
- Rust and the AK-74u are re-added to MW3 on April 26, 2020
- T6 major overhaul and anticheat is released August 16, 2020
- A T6 charity tournament with notable streamers such as OpTic Hitch and Dr. Disrespect raised 24.000 USD, this was held on October 28, 2020
- The Intervention is ported to MW3 on December 24, 2020
- T4 client released on April 9, 2021
- IW5 custom GSC support released on May 12, 2021
- The Mark of 1 Million Registered users on Plutonium has been passed on June 22, 2021
- T6 Charity Tournament on which $42069 was raised held by OpTic Hitch on October 30, 2021
- IW5 Tournament held by Spanish Streamer IlloJuan that made MW3 the most watched game on Twitch on March 13, 2022
- T5 Client released on June 3, 2022
- The Mark of 2.5 Million Registered users on Plutonium has been passed on June 8, 2022
- More to come soon!
Plutonium Staff Structure#
Plutonium is made up of volunteer staff - including but not limited to; Community Moderators, Quality Assurance, Developers (Web, Infrastructure, C++, ASM etc.) and Content Creators. The Staff Team is split into 3 categories:
- Project Staff - These are regular staff members, they help shape Plutonium and contribute their time and effort into building new features, maintaining our current features or keeping our community area's clean. Their role color is usually orange.
- Project Senior Staff - These are a smaller number of staff who have additional permissions and roles, a Senior Staff member is usually responsible for a dedicated part of Plutonium. Their role color is usually blue.
- Project Administrator - These 4 staff members have overall control of direction for Plutonium Project and overall manage everything Plutonium. They are Eldor, Rektinator, Mr. Android and Spectre. Their role color is usually red.